The I Can Read Songs for Reading DVD and Cd's are both suggested in the new book The Autism Sisterhood. I was thrilled when I received the opportunity to review this wonderful product. I can definitely see why Michele Brooke suggested this product in her book.
The I Can Read Songs for Reading DVD teaches children to read 13 high-frequency sight words through songs. During each song your child will see:
- a child trace the word on paper
- the word used in sentences
- an adult and child correctly form each letter in the word
- learn through formation chants (very similar to the Letter Formation Chants on the ABCJLM website) how to correctly form the letters
- children form the word with their bodies by sitting and lying on the floor
On their website - I Can Read Songs.org - you can download many free printables that coordinate with the DVD and Cd's.
- Big Words - poster size prints of the sight words
- First Books (similar to the "My Color" books on the ABCJLM website)
- Second Books (a little more difficulty)
- Sing Along Charts and Take-Home Sheets
- Music Scores for each of the sight-word songs
I have a CD to giveaway!!! The first person to order both the 3 & 4 Year Curriculum and include the title of this CD on their order or address confirmation will be given the CD! How cool is that?
Momma C's Rating:
Thank you to I Can Read Songs for giving me the opportunity to review this product!